Monday, June 4, 2012

Tree Identification

Tree identification will be an important part our project.  I have chosen to link  to a business named Industrial Timber and Lumber.  This group has several locations.  Yet, what pulled me to them was that they have two major sawmill operations in Vinton County, Ohio only about 45 minutes from my home, and a huge kiln drying operation in Marlington, WV.  I believe this is close to Elkins, WV.  I plan on visiting the sawmills
inthe next few days and hope we can stop at the Marlington location during our trip. 

Their site offers great deal of information on various species.  This includes tree identification by leaf, charted information about relative working properties for each wood, sample grade photos, and an overview of each species.  Incidently, information about each location's production offers some good insight into the productivity of our region. 

http://www.itlcorp.com/Species.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I really like the site. Its really cool and informative.

    ReplyDelete